All my Handsome men

All my Handsome men
kids fishing weekend 2011

Thursday, April 30, 2009

This is my husband Doug











I figured today I would introduce you to my husband in all his glory. He is a Captain on his Fire Department and a darn good one if i might add. I wanted to share a few photos of him doing what he does best. I think they have a few sayings like We go in when everyone else is trying to get out (or something like that) and my favorite is ready to put the wet stuff on the red stuff. LOL. These firefighters are our extended family and mean the world to us and I am proud of each and every one of them but today i will show you my husband. The first one is of Doug with our son Dakotas cub scout den at their go see it to the Fire Station (dakota was sooooo proud). The second one is of my husband standing up after putting out a HUGE fire (luckily it was a training day so they were training the newbies so they set the fire on purpose in a donated house that needed to be leveled anyways). This next one is one of my favorite it is Dakota sitting on the front of his daddys fire truck looking at his helmet ( can we say future fire fighter?) This next one is of the house they were training in as it was starting to burn and my husband walking in front of it. The last one is of my husbands fire gear. The helmet is brned and melted but he won't retire it and get a new one ( it's a matter of pride LOL). Well I hope you enjoy getting to know my husband a man who I love dearly and is so important to me.

7 comments:

Deanna said...

You have good reason to be proud of him, dear. We're proud of him too! Heck, we're proud of your entire family! (I'm still thinking about Austin's big brain lol)

Karla said...

I respect Firemen and policemen above all other professions. They both put their lives on the line for strangers everyday...I would be proud too!

Intense Guy said...

I think my favorite picture is also the one with Dakota sitting on the front of his daddy's fire truck looking at his helmet.

What heavy thoughts are going on inside his head?

Toriz said...

Yep, definately sounds like Dakota plans on following in his Daddy's footsteps.

LadyStyx said...

So long as that helmet is still serviceable and does it's job, there is no need to retire it. It's not a pretty job, hardly reasonable to keep the equipment pretty.

AliceKay said...

It's an honorable profession and you have every right to be proud of him. Takes a brave person to go into a fire. Never know what you might encounter in the process. We have all volunteer fire departments around here and most towns have one.

ChicagoLady said...

Your husband does a job that deserves all of our respect and admiration. It takes a special person to choose to run into burning fires. God bless him.