All my Handsome men

All my Handsome men
kids fishing weekend 2011

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Update on everything

Ok I screwed up this post. LOL the pictures are suppose to be at the bottom but oh well I will figure it out one of these days. LOL enjoy.

This is my husband Doug shooting
This is me shooting

This is my step son Cody shooting


This one is my son Travis shooting








This is Dakota (my 7 year old) shooting a dinosaur a a 3D bow shoot.








Hey there it has been a while since I have blogged I have been trying to figure this stuff out and my mom helped me this morning. Now i know what I am doing, sort of. Well in my last blog I told you that Dakota was in cub scouts and he had a Pine Wood Derby Districts to go to, well he too tenth out of 44 kids so he was REALLY proud of that. Ok now here is a little about what my family does for fun. We LOVE to do archery and for our Anniversary my husband gave me a new Hoyt Bow customized. Our Anniversary was yesterday but....he couldn't wait to give it to me so I got it about a month or so ago. I LOVE it and have such a good time shooting it. My husband and three out of the four boys shoot also and they are all really good. A few weekends ago we went to the Rinehart 100 which is a two day bow shoot with 50 3Dtargets each day to shoot. Well we went but both days it was pouring down rain and mud up to our ankles. Our boys were covered from head to to with mud and my husband and I were not far behind them in that department. ( i will post pictures of that day another time I have to get them from a friend lol). Well we were going to the shoot on the second day and we stopped at Walmart to get rain gear so we could try to stay dry and my husband opened the back of the truck to get everyone dressed and then we got in the truck and drove away. Well can you guess what happened next? Yep the tailgate was left open and my step son Cody's bow fell out of the back and before we knew about it some gy drove up next to us and told us that the case fell out and the guy who was behind us stopped, grabbed the bow case and took off in the other direction. So poor Cody had to share his brothers Bow all day ( he actually shot better with it) and now we have to get him a new bow. Ugh we told the bows we would get them their first bow but after that it was up to them if they wanted a new one but since Doug (my husband) is the one that left the tailgate open he feels like he needs to replace it which is understandable. We turned in the info to the cops but nothing yet and we don't have high hopes. Well that is a little about my Family and archery now here are a few photos of us doing archery.

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Happy Anniversary Jewelz!

I popped over from your mom's blog and am pleased to "meet" you.

That dinosaur has a good grouping in it - it wouldn't run off with you and your family bow-hunting.

I'm sorry that creep ran off with Cody's bow. Some people!

Deanna said...

I enjoyed reading about the bow shoot. Great pictures! There is a trick to getting them into your blog just right. You are doing amazing, though, for just getting started!

LadyStyx said...

Poppin over from your mom's blog to say hi.

Wow. Dakota shoots better than I ever did...

Karla said...

Pleased to meet you Jewelz. Your mom is a wonderful person and I just had to check out your blog too :)!

I can't even pull a bowstring back..never could! (you must have some of your mom's gogetem attitude :))

MarmiteToasty said...

Just popped over from you mum's blob and looking forward to hearing and learning more about your and your beautiful family...

x

AliceKay said...

I'm another of your mom's online friends here to say hi and welcome to Blogger.

Archery is a fun sport. I used to shoot when I was a kid, but all I shot at was hay bales. My dad was into archery hunting at the time.

Dakota did a fine job with the Pinewood Derby and congrats to him. I know all about scouting. My husband is into Scouting big time.

It was nice to meet you, and I'll be sure to pop back from time to time.

jewelzmomof4 said...

Thanks everyone I can't wait to get to know all of you. I love Archery so you WILL hear about that quite often. I will be back often to keep you updated and I can't wait to learn more about all of you.

ChicagoLady said...

Welcome to Blogger! I'm another friend of your mom's, and I can't wait to read more of your blog.

I learned how to shoot a bow years ago, when I was a teenager. I remember practicing in my brother's backyard on a target on bales of hay. I got a bullseye and took a picture of it, I was so proud! I remember it being a lot of fun.